Instructions about using the table, as well as an indication of column abbreviations and data available, can be found below the table.
Filter count: 0
Using the Journals Table
Users are able to do the following:
- Toggle on/off columns on the table
- Reorganize the list by clicking the arrows next to any of the column headers (first click organizes one way and a second click organizes in reverse order).
- Click the journal title to see more information about the journal in a pop-up box
- List ALL journal titles on one page (an option at the bottom of the table)
- Search for specific words that appear in journal titles (a count is returned)
- Go directly to a journal site based on a URL provided
- Go to an entry for an open access journal in the doaj.org catalog (if an entry exists)
- Scroll between screens of journals (default view shows 10 at a time)
- Make suggestions for site or table changes via a web-based form
Table Columns Displayed by Default
- Journal: Name of the journal. Clicking on title will display a pop-up box that contains all information about the journal currently in our database. The default setting lists all journals in alphabetical order.
- URL: A direct link to journal’s website
- Type: Type of journal: (OPEN) = an Open Access Journal; (SUB) = a subscription is required to access all or most articles; (S/O) = a subscription-based journal that has some open access content; (Z) = a journal that has been discontinued. A designation of “***” means that one should click on the journal name to read any notes there may be about the journal.
- SSCI: “Yes” if the journal is found in the Social Science Citation Index
- REC: Applies to Open Access Journals only. “Yes” if an open-access journal was rated highly in the Perkins & Lowenthal article (see About this Site).
- H5: GoogleScholar‘s h5 ranking
- IF: Impact Factor as found in the Journal Citations Report
- R2013: Applies to Open Access Journals only; High of 1 to Low of 75 based on the Perkins & Lowenthal(see About this Site).
- DOAJ Link: Applies to Open Access Journals only. URL to the entry in the Directory of Open Access Journals (if applicable)
Other Columns Accessible by Clicking on Journal Title
- Started: Year the journal was established (if listed on the journal site)
- ISSN 1 / ISSN 2: Print and/or online ISSN(s)
- OP2P: “Pay to Publish.” If “Yes,” this means that the journal charges authors to either submit or publish articles. Fees vary. (column added to table 5/13/2015)
- 2014h5: Shows in h5 rating from 2014
- Notes: Any notes we might have about a particular journal